Metro East Web Academy Application
Please watch this video before filling out the application.
Metro East Web Academy has many expectations for students and parents/guardians. After watching the above video, you can see that when those expectations are embraced, students will have great success at MEWA.
Metro East Web Academy students are expected to:
- Engage and stay on pace in the curriculum (average 5-6 hours per day)
- Participate in mandatory online web sessions.
- Communicate directly with staff on a regular basis. Students must email a teacher if they are unable to submit at least one assignment that school day. Students and parents should respond to MEWA communications (phone calls, texts, or emails) within 24 hours during the school week. MEWA staff has agreed to the same terms.
- Be Honest. Never plagiarize. Please see MEWA’s student handbook for disciplinary action involving student plagiarism.
- Be respectful to each other and to staff at all times, whether in the building or online. MEWA has a no tolerance policy for any type of bullying or harassment.
- Attend on-site scheduled state tests and other assessments as required by MEWA or the State of Oregon.
Metro East Web Academy parents/guardians are expected to:
- Be a Learning Coach to help monitor their student’s progress.
- Communicate directly with staff on a regular basis. Parents should respond to MEWA communications (phone calls, texts, or emails) within 24 hours during the school week.