Metro East Web Academy invites you to be a full participant in your child's education. Our online approach puts parents and students in charge of learning, while providing advanced instruction in subjects that can be hard for families to undertake on their own.
Parents as a Learning Coach
We encourage you to partner with us for your child's success by:
- Setting your child's online and offline study schedule
- Monitoring your child's progress using built-in tools on our Canvas virtual classroom
- Communicating directly with teachers and administrators when you or your child have a question
- Connecting with other Metro East Web Academy families online through involvement in our program
Helpful Links for Parents
- Observe your student's classes with a Parent Canvas Login - Parent Login Instruction
- For more information on teacher support visit http://teachersnetwork.org/ntol/
- Plagiarism Policy
- Click here to apply online for free and reduced-priced meals
Free and Reduced Information
- Parent/Guardian Letter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Applying
- Free and Reduced Application
What to Bring to Orientation
- Transcript, report card and/or withdraw grades from student's previous school
- Immunization records if student is coming from a private school, home school or another state.
- Bring in a birth certificate and proof of residence (a utility bill, lease or mortgage payment)
- Cash or check if you plan on utilizing a MEWA laptop. (If your student was on Free/Reduced lunch at their previous school, please bring the letter indicating that status and you will not be charged a deposit for a laptop)
We request that siblings of Web Academy students NOT attend the orientation session with you. Please make childcare arrangements for the younger siblings of your student when you attend orientation.